Headaches – help is at hand
Did you know here is a group of specific headaches that can be helped with chiropractic care? These often cause a debilitating loss in quality of life for millions of people.
- One of the most common disabling and painful conditions.
- 1 in 7 adults are affected.
- A frequency of 1-2 per month.
- Recent research has shown how tension in the dura (outer protective layer of the brain and spinal cord) can prime the brain to become sensitive to triggers that it would otherwise not react to. Chiropractors assess and influence tension of the dura.
- Caused by both stress and muscle tension in the neck.
- The most common type of headache.
- Occurs more frequently (weekly).
- Headaches associated with neck pain and stiffness.
- Caused by neck vertebrae misalignment and postural stress.
- Occurs at least once a week.
- 20% of all chronic headaches.
A 2011 study found that Chiropractic helped both migraine and cervicogenic headaches.
In 2014 a prominent study stated that Chiropractic care resulted in marked improvement for people with chronic neck related headaches (both cervicogenic and tension type).
What can Chiropractors do?
- Assess your neck for spinal misalignments and muscle tension.
- Adjust the neck to improve spinal function and alleviate stress.
- Offer advice on posture, ergonomics, exercise and relaxation techniques.